Adverts

• Index
  •  » Suggestions
  •  » Firefox for older windows operating system ? no for CE Android future

#1 2011-12-15 14:27:50

atang1
Administrator

Firefox for older windows operating system ? no for CE Android future

Firefox and its rapid change of version  number is hiding from the lack of browser technology for WinCE, android and in general hdmi displays.

What Firefox has to have is a crash program to change webpage format to mpeg4.h.264 encoding and decoding with reduced pixels for zoom.

Lack of mpeg4/h.264 webpages made it not compatible with tablets and smartphones as a browser.

Otherwise, the vga webpages can not be displayed.

IE6 on WinCE can display on hdmi.

2011-12-15 14:27:50

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-12-16 07:06:46

atang1
Administrator

Re: Firefox for older windows operating system ? no for CE Android future

ARM platform forced the use of gpu encoding and decoding mpeg4/h.264 webpages.

Gpu is used on cellphone console before you dialup to connect. Now tablets must have gpu drivers installed before wifi connect.

Android uses mali drivers.

#3 2011-12-21 06:58:07

atang1
Administrator

Due to wifi traffic control to be in the browser, firefox has to have DNS server in hisroey of the browser, so that the browser does not have website not found crashes.

Firefox 9 still has website not found problems and also problems loading webpage due to protocol for video problems(no downloads of video codes).

If firefox wifi can not find website from DNS server on router(mostly google searched websites), you have to use dialup modem or lan connection.

#4 2011-12-26 13:53:30

atang1
Administrator

I am now updated to Firefox 10. However got the scare of my life, when I clickws on google, I lost any trace of the forum post that I was writing.  History can not find the post that has not been uploaded yet,

Fortunately when I deleted the new google webpage, the forum posting came back. firefox is confusing when stacked webpages are lost until the last webpage is deleted, then the first webpage shows up again. Tabbed page is shown on the taskbar, but not the stacked webpages.

So, Firefox maybe chasing their own tail. Work on stacked workspace, got lost is not funny.

#5 2012-05-31 09:06:37

atang1
Administrator

Currently, Firefox supports W2k and make many older laptops workable, although firefox has problems with DNS servers and slow data transfer websites.

Firefox is warning they will no longer support W2k. Leaving W2k to be supported by Opera only(international version 10.1 mB).

This means either they change their mind or we have to work with opera more closely.

• Index
  •  » Suggestions
  •  » Firefox for older windows operating system ? no for CE Android future

Adverts

Board footer