Unofficial Austrumi Linux for English users forum golf & dvd

A Latvian and english Linux tiny operating system. used by golf & dvd lovers

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

• Index
  •  » Suggestions
  •  » Surviving on the cloud with only dialup modem ? 33mB webpages ? Wifi?

#1 2012-09-13 07:16:31

atang1
Administrator

Surviving on the cloud with only dialup modem ? 33mB webpages ? Wifi?

Cloud technology has been constantly improved or replaced. Its been sometime since webpages are realtime OS by itself. Once you download the RTOS, a script runs the webpage until you quit. Microsoft XP has been changing too, storing personal settings in the hibernation memory space. Not yet perfect, but it can run RTOS in the background. My autoupdated XP takes a very long time to boot from hibernation memory with my personal settings of administrator as user.

This phenomena shows up in dialup modem connection and the amount of bytes downloaded in a session. To use my browsers, each day I looked at about 4 mB received. In a day I may download 33 mB of data from the internet with my dialup modem. Its still usable, unless I download software that is bloated(hundreds of mB). Linux is bloated, libraies are not stored in virtual memory..

The trend of many websites is using SMS(short messages).  Webpage RTOS is stored in dynamic memory(virtual) without download during webpage display. WebGL(Adobe) is used everyday.

Dialup modem can survive if it can use smartphone codes(short message or text only). Online banking can be text only(mobile). My thinkpad 600x is the only internet laptop that can get the mobile account from Bank of America, a special website that I download from was assigned to my laptop for trial. Worked wonderfully in short messages and text only. Other laptops did not have the cookies to connect to that website for online banking with mobile text.

So, we are still supporting ISPs that have customers with dialup modems only. Free WiFi when you travel.

2012-09-13 07:16:31

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-09-13 07:38:25

atang1
Administrator

Re: Surviving on the cloud with only dialup modem ? 33mB webpages ? Wifi?

I have been suffering for months working with this slow booting XP version. Still troublesome with Twitter RTOS but otherwise works with facebook on iE8.

Everyday I send error reports to Remond. windows explorer has errors on booting. I had to use task manager to logoff user at, then boot with user at again to use all the XP functions booted the second time.

Twitter script is not responsive on iE8 webpage, meaning XP personal settings needs anticrash codes to keep XP running when script crashed. Anticrash codes is needed to avoid logoff user as work around to boot XP. Firefox use stop script option as anticrash code.

Before this XP version change for dialup modem, Microsoft gave me WiFi router B.H.M. on the powerline. Now that project has ended, only dialup modem is being tested.

#3 2012-09-14 17:17:08

atang1
Administrator

The approach Microsoft is trying to do RTOS script in virtual memory is redundency in trouble. You have logic in webpage RTOS and script. You do not want to loop through virtual memory which can have sequenctial order problems to run any script program.m. And it does show up very badly in nonresponsive XP.

So this experiment is a waste of time. Anticrash codes may save the sequential disorder, but it offers no speed improvement nor trouble free logic.

#4 2012-09-15 06:02:24

atang1
Administrator

All that problem booting with Windows 8 personal settings now make sense, have to logoff Windows 8 user and boot user personal settings for XP.

Does it mean Microsoft will allow XP to boot into Windows 8 internet settings, maybe when its available on webpages.

All XP and later OS will be upgradable to Windows 8(hibernation memory usage)..

#5 2012-09-18 08:21:20

atang1
Administrator

Win8 personal settings will include DNS server in hibernation memory(virtual) for your favorite websites for quick webpage delivery. This is now in the XP personal settings. iE8 is very fast to deliver webpages you use everyday. This is not used by firefox v14.0 yet but v15.0 may use it too.

Win8 personal settings will over come problems of ipv4 and ipv6 confusions. This is the Microsoft solution of the suggestion I gave in WiFi browser solution of many users in one wireless router.

Eventually, logic crashes of personal settings across OS versions will be solved by anticrash codes in the personal settings of your OS in use.

#6 2012-09-20 10:42:21

atang1
Administrator

Microsoft is still booting to Win8 personal settings first. Must use task manager to log0ff user to reboot user to XP.

It seems they should logon to XP personal settings first. then when Win8 personal settings are ready to use, boot it first.

#7 2012-09-21 10:18:43

atang1
Administrator

New xP autoupdate can boot into xP with Win8 personal setings but modem can not connect to any website; until logoff user id used in task manager, and reboot to user.

#8 2012-09-23 11:20:55

atang1
Administrator

Dialup modem users on the internet are still in the million paying $10-15/month for older computers using W2k or WinXP.

Webpages have been larger and larger. But the webpages are compressed by zoom or mjpeg compression. Ondemand servers can reduce the overload on DNS servers which are slow.

Even though dialup modem is slower than 3G and webpages are more mB than text pages; the industry had not allow dialup modem to use mobile webpages yet. But it might be coming just have different cookies to logon to mobile websites. we will be requesting websites of text pages to allow dialup modem to access.

#9 2012-09-24 09:54:16

atang1
Administrator

Microsoft fixed win8 personal settings, September 24th. When boot into win8 personal settings, i have to report an error. then it boots into desktop and I can launch into ie8, but google home page is very slow, have to click on favorite to load the display. Did not have to use task manager to complete Google page. anticrash codes worked.

Once google page is loaded, XP operates normally afterwards.

iE8 however on Twitter.com still not responding if webpage script is running slow on dialup modem. Need anticrash codes to stop script from running on the webpage to use keyboard or mouse inputs.

#10 2012-09-29 08:52:04

atang1
Administrator

On September 29th, 2012, my XP recovered from personal settings confusion and logoff user had to be used to boot for XP to run XP.

This is great. I booted and the operating system goes directly to desktop. No more error report of windows explorer.exe error. And I can launch right into iE8 to do website downloads.

However, some website(facebook) still need refresh to load the display. and twitter script can not be stopped to write the sms message to twit. Anticrash codes are not yet working correctly.

#11 2012-09-30 10:19:09

atang1
Administrator

Back to logoff user to reboot to user, but connected dialup modem did not connect to browsers. Had to reconnect dialup modem to connect to browser.

This maybe due to the fact that you have to redo anticrash codes for operating system to stop script on Twitter website. Twitter script crashed XP operating system.

#12 2012-10-05 10:39:25

atang1
Administrator

Microsoft's attempt to do ondemand server in win8 user settings sped up DNS connections in hibernation memory, but webpage is still very slow to collate links compared to ondemand servers in big data centers.

Its a temporary solution to solve DNS server(local) problems in browsers.

SYMM has timeprovider5000 which can act as ondemand server and time and date stamp all links to compile the webpage before delivery.

#13 2012-10-12 07:03:11

atang1
Administrator

If you think 51.2 kbps is bad, lately I can only login at 31.2 kBps.

But its only half the speed, and most webpages are not overloaded with graphics, or links.

#14 2012-10-13 07:47:59

atang1
Administrator

Finally, on October 12, 2012, after error report to redmond on windows explorer, XP booted into the correct personal settings. Did not have to logoff user then reboot.

#15 2012-12-04 10:02:25

atang1
Administrator

My laptop stopped working with dialup modem, when browser were updated. No DNS server info to connect to websites. Win8 uses personal settings to directly goto website without DNS servers. But dialup isp DNS servers were not requested by the new versions of browsers to get to webpage downloads.

What a shame? Browsers were not backwards compatible anymore. Anticrash codes(XP pro) did not pickup the problem and get the DNS server?

#16 2013-03-04 11:07:10

atang1
Administrator

Dialup modems are still usable with Firefox4 and IE8 without add-ons to slow it down.

#17 2013-03-12 11:08:53

atang1
Administrator

IE8 is now compatible with Yahoo mail. Those websites not yet compatible, toolbar has a choice for compatible IE8 version display.

#18 2013-03-15 09:53:54

atang1
Administrator

Operating system for older IBMPC can still be used with older browsers if autoupdated by browser supplier. This help you survive with your older computer. firfox4 and IE8 are the two browser that can still work with may websites. Adobe is no longer compatible with all the operating system to update browsers.

Linux browsers are in general not autoupdated by Linux distro or the browser developers. This creates a problem for your older computers.

So, it leaves WinXP as the one that can workwith older computers. Eventually iPads will take oer internet browsing.

Browser add-on has to be defeated to run websites faster and without errors.

#19 2013-04-02 22:14:43

atang1
Administrator

WinXP autoupdated now fixed to use internet with IE8. All slow websites are again displayed quickly too on wifi wireless, but not on dialup modem. large websites can be displayed on dialup modem.

#20 2013-05-09 07:19:12

atang1
Administrator

Some smaller websites have troubles logon with dialup modem which is slow. The problem disappear when WiFi is used. This is because the browsers now stop loading data if time out is called. Small website has to defeat timeout in browsers if slow in loading data.

Another solution maybe transfer data in smaller and quicker packets.

#21 2013-08-15 05:53:27

atang1
Administrator

My dialup ISP quit the business because of timely bigdata transfer rate in operating systems. Impossible to use dialup for complex data links.

So, a change to RCN wifi(ARRS router) was done yesterday. arrs wpa is password, only new wifi drivers  can be used(most old /b drivers can not use RCN wifi password).

Also, RCN telephone is just a telephone line plugged into the
RCN modem to ring and connect to Verizon with voice.

Internet telephone bundle is the deal.

#22 2013-08-17 14:12:27

atang1
Administrator

Now is the end of dialup modems. IPtv is coming next year, using fastest internet connection and speed dial in browser.

CableTV will be more of a telephone company with wifi connections.

#23 2013-08-24 08:34:42

atang1
Administrator

When RCN drop back from 54 mbps to 1 mbps, browsers stopped finding websites when busy.

RCN phones also loses dial tone from Verizon, if the telephone line is not plugged into RCN modem telephone line.

PC operating system is not the only reason people went to smartphones.

#24 2013-08-26 08:52:26

atang1
Administrator

RCN works better with some wifi drivers than others. Have to try many?

#25 2013-08-30 08:59:38

atang1
Administrator

RCN wifi can dump browser download into memory in Firefox to remember last used website, which crashes your session. Firefox12.8 bookmark problem, does not happen with /firefox4.

Happens on facebook and bank of america website downloads of webpage, but not on small websites.

It was suspected that wifi drivers of some pcmcia cards may have problems with Firefox12.8 and later codes. Trying to burn in the chip in the pcmcia card(overheating on large bigdata websites) may help(did on one ehome wifi card, but not yet on one refurbished dlink dwa-642)?

• Index
  •  » Suggestions
  •  » Surviving on the cloud with only dialup modem ? 33mB webpages ? Wifi?

Adverts

Board footer