Unofficial Austrumi Linux for English users forum golf & dvd

A Latvian and english Linux tiny operating system. used by golf & dvd lovers

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2012-05-20 13:48:14

atang1
Administrator

mathematic prediction of Linux failure? Open source confusion, Centos?

To do software for computer hardware, the original windows use 15 variety of hardware bios. Each brand of computers had its own bios to unify the windows operating system. It works fine.

Today, windows use shadowed bios update to work new windows operating system autoupdate. It works fine. One version of windows can do many different x86 cpu platforms.

Linux uses open source codes and gcc compilation with its library of shared compatible codes to try to unify Linux operating system with new kernels. This introduced flavors, or tools and file names that gcc can not unify(missing bindings) unless symlinked. And if some one symlinked their file names to your software, you have to blacklist them. This is the reason that Linux can not be autoupdated because of open sourced variety of file names.

When Ubuntu tried with their LTS version, it took 5 years to fix version 8.04 on all their bugs, but by then the kernels are so old that new cpu platforms no longer can use Ubuntu 8.04.

So, Centos and RHEL are old Linux distros and not really used on new cpu platforms. The servers using these old distros are usually simple DHCP servers, or dedicate desktop apps locked down to prevent bugs appearing.

The future of Linux is always hopeful promises but good for older hardware five years old at least.

Mathematically, the probability of bugs galore is in the concept of open source and liberal file name usage without registration with GCC compiler versions.

In proprietary operating systems, file names are registered to avoid conflicts.

2012-05-20 13:48:14

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-07-15 09:29:04

atang1
Administrator

Re: mathematic prediction of Linux failure? Open source confusion, Centos?

Linux developers are all confused about the sound production on ARM cpu. ARM has DAC and pwm, etc. So, all you need is mpeg4/h.264 codec and it can send sound to headphones. Headphones will synchronize sound with hdmi video display. To transfer sound to TV, you need cable from headphones to TV sound line input.

#3 2012-07-29 14:03:27

atang1
Administrator

At last, new adobe flash player on top of the stack, can bypass IBMPC bios. Once webpages are downloaded into your memory, adobe can run it(smartphone apps and games) and display on the screen.

#4 2012-07-30 10:12:16

atang1
Administrator

Linux has too many variation and combinations in distros. Mathematically, all the users are divided by the available choices of distros. So, the percentages of each user group gets very small number.

The problem with too many distros is that the talents are subdivided into fewer developers. Not enough people to make the distro less bugs galore. Ubuntu with its update program is relatively free from bugs on version 8.04, 5 years later.

But smartphones took over the market with big data. Google smartphone OS made it attractive for many manufacturers. However, many versions of Androids are not autoupdateable. so, eventually, Androids will be found out and market will shrink.

So, mathematically Linux self destruct by divide and conquered. Most servers are done in house for applications in house. We are betting on interactive TV for smartphones using adobe flash player for webpage RTOS apps and games. The top stack browser OS running ISP to bypass kernels desktops and other layers of software.

#5 2012-08-02 05:50:42

atang1
Administrator

The only successful linux distros are RHEL, Centos and Oricle linux. Obviously, they are derived from RHEL and insist on compatibility among themselves, by using the same kernel numbers and library of compatible codes. While Linux foundation forge ahead with new features. The regression turns out to be about five years behind Linux foundation kernel numbers. At least I found Ubuntu 8.04 has good bugs fixes too. Windows XP and W2k are already ten years behind to be bugs free, by autoupdate and system restore features.

All the distros who forge ahead like Austrumi found not many users. Now that v2.5.3 is regressed, many more users can put on their old computers. Now, we have to find compatibility among Austrumi and Centos, and Oracle to be able to use the same apps and games.

Well, in the mean time, some of us are forging ahead with webpage OS apps and games, RHEL will be compatible if they used Firefox and Adobe to run Apple app store products.

You can see why Android started with browser operating system, now trying to be comptible with desktop apps like RHEL. Unfortunately, desktops are offline. browsers can use webGL. The whole world is changing to webpages delivered by email? Email delivery is by ISP data centers, http: websites are slow to find DNS servers with ipv6/4.

So, we are making cloud simpler and easier to deliver data, what with WiFi especially.

In a nutshell, if only Mandriva community understood Centos, to be compatible for a share of the linux market. It shouldn't take rocket scientists to know Linux market is built on RHEL and its apps over the years and backward compatibility is the key to the Linux market. Oracle knew which Linux version is best for their database, and gets paid for support(income)..

#6 2012-08-12 09:41:07

atang1
Administrator

When you do not lock down the software, then you will have bugs galore. New Linux need plenty of changes to make it work in desktops and browsers(codec).

So, Linux kernels are taking over some of the drivers formerly the domain of the desktop. KDE and gnome always had their own drivers, if not synchronized with kernel drivers for keyboard mouse, the desktop will crash.

The troubles with the latest Linux kernels is the drivers offered by Intel and AMD; they maybe bugs galore on older computers. And kernel number is never described as cpu models except being i386, i486, i586, i686. now a days it is already i886 or i986. Backward compatibility is not well known features. Most distros are still operating system for i486 or i586 to be compatible with older computers.

The future of linux to run i886 or i986 is going to take many years. Austrumi tried to run newer kernels and i686 had lost many of their customers, now it is back to support older cpus.

#7 2012-08-17 18:42:04

atang1
Administrator

The Linux kernels are Gnu/linux because of gcc compiler limitations of graphics. Any window manager using different graphics such as new kde or new unity or new gnome, all the apps are no longer backward compatible. Each time graphics are changed Linux kernels are pulled back a few years. This started early, when rpm programs were changed from kernels 2.4 to 2.6. Many rpm programs are no longer supported in kernel 2.6. It took RHEL couple of years to finally made the cuts and get on kernels 2.6.

This is the reason that Linux distros are fractured. Each distro retained very little loyalty because of backward compatibility problems of kernels, graphics and window manager, etc.

Mathematically the market has no dominating codes that can unify Linux apps. Debian tries, and its still doing kernel 2.4 apps(kernel independence). RHEL is going virtual apps or data centers(server apps).

So, eventually gcc faces the unifying force of their library. But which graphics people favor is not yet clear.

However, a few years ago, I proposed browserOS. which is best done on smartphones and their 100,000 plus apps. Its possible, because of codec were fewer, and backwards compatibility is easier that way. Now with webGL, linux can be more backward compatible too. GCC will change to webGL graphics?

#8 2012-08-28 09:29:05

atang1
Administrator

Linux is open source, which was meant to have control of the source codes if codes are revealed in documentation. But it also allows any hacker to change your codes, and you have to lock it down or suffer constant introduction of bugs galore. So, the weakness of Linux is the neccessity of committing large resources to lock down to simpler functions, and not try to support many peripherals. It can survive if the operating system is tiny, and the applications are simple(only internet browser).

mathematically, the more distros, the more fragmentation of library dependency codes. If x is the number of distros, x! is the number of bugs for each distro. If you strpped off applications, then you need less dependency files(file names) and reduce bugs from symlinks. If you abandon desktop and goto browser for website webpage applications independent of kernels(debian), then you have less bugs.

So, we now have brower operating system for Linux in smartphones(limited in periperals). Thjis architecture works better than IBMPC.

Adverts

Board footer