Unofficial Austrumi Linux for English users forum golf & dvd

A Latvian and english Linux tiny operating system. used by golf & dvd lovers

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2009-06-03 08:36:29

Flyingpig

Austrumi not found ! - Error

I tried to install/run the latest distro of Austrumi - as life CD and/or on USB key.

It is loading until I get the message " Austrumi not found" where on it just hangs and upon pressing "Enter" just gives me a command (shell) prompt.

Any suggestion of what is going wrong ????

Help is MUCH appreciated !

2009-06-03 08:36:29

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2009-06-03 12:28:43

atang1
Administrator

Re: Austrumi not found ! - Error

Livecd has to be burned as an iso. You download austrumi version and burnit with a cd burner(I use free magiciso on windows). Then you use bios to boot cdrom or dvd.

If you desire to install on your windows machine, boot austrumi livecd, then use hdinstall. which installs lilo. When you boot lilo will ask you whether you want to boot windows or Dos. Dos is austrumi.

If you don't have windows, you are in trouble.

Any other arrangement, you have on your computer, austrumi does not install correctly.

Please explain what you are trying to to do when you install austrumi? What have you on your computer?

#3 2009-06-05 01:19:04

Flyingpig

I am trying to install Austrumi onto an USB key (which I manaed to using 'unetbootin-windows-344' ! During booting I am presented with the menu and select 'do not eject cd'.
Everything loads ok until "Stage 1" where the first two items get executed (I think attaching the cdroms etc) but the third line says: Error - Austrumi not found - please hit 'Enter'.....after that I am presented with a shell prompt.

The operating system is XP...boot options are set in the bios and I have burned the ISO image to cd with Nero and used "unetbootin-windows-344" to do the same with my USB key...both give me the same error !

I don't know if this info helps...but thanks for answering at all ...very much appreciated !!! :-)

#4 2009-06-05 09:59:52

atang1
Administrator

Thanks for this info.

Austrumi after booted from livecd, has feature to install into a USB key.

First try your livecd to see if it works. Then find the USB install file. USB should be fat16(I think or fat 32 format). Not fat12?

#5 2009-06-06 13:00:59

Flyingpig

Hello "atang1",

thanks for your reply...actually it IS the lifecd I am booting - the boot menu comes up ok and the cd is booting (uncompressing bzimage etc., however here are the last messages from the boot:

Freeing unused Kernel memory: 324k freed
[stage 1]
* LiveCD version
* Create block and character devices
* Scan CD-ROM devices
* Austrumi not found. Press ENTER to continue
BusyBox v.1.1.2 (....) Built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.
sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
#

so far my attempt to boot Austrumi !

One thing which came to mind while I was on the beach today :-)) ....the cdrom is an attached USB-device, since my notebook doesn't have an integrated cdrom. Maybe the USB devices are not scanned and found/attached ????

Is there any possibility to change the script of to proceed from the shell prompt ????

Regards
from downunder...

#6 2009-06-07 10:53:39

atang1
Administrator

From the verbose, cdrom not found is the problem; when livecd is installed on your USB key without modifications.

Use another computer, boot austrumi livecd in a cdrom, then use austrumi to install on the USB key. You should have no more problems booting?

If your computer boots USB key, then the austrumi installed USB key will have the correct script to complete the boot. Using any other methods can not get the script changed from cdrom to USB bus.

Let us know when you get it right? Or you edited iso file(in text editor) to change cdrom to USB key(sdx1)?

#7 2009-06-11 12:54:39

Flyingpig

ok...I finally managed to  install it onto the usb key - using a computer with a BUILT-IN CDROM drive...
So the problem was as suspected the CDROM attached to an USB port...

Now the fun can start.... :-)

Adverts

Board footer